Every time I start binge watching a new show on Netflix, I feel a weird sense of apprehension. What if this show isn’t really my style after all? What if it toys with my emotions way too much? What if it just plain sucks? I always think about how much time I’m about to put in to watching an entire series from start to finish… and then I do it anyway, and every time, I’m always glad I started.
Currently, I’m watching Friends all the way through for the second time in a row. Before Friends, I watched all of Gilmore Girls for the first time ever. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve been through How I Met Your Mother, Boy Meets World, and of course, the gone-too-soon Firefly. Tears.
Even though I completely adore all of these shows, I feel like it might be time for me to branch out and explore some new ones. Here’s what’s on my to-watch list:
- New Girl. In the interest of honesty, T and I have actually watched two seasons already, but since he won’t let me watch it without him, it’s rather slow going. But I can’t get enough of Jess and her shenanigans, nor can I ever have too many Schmidtticisms.
- Friday Night Lights. See above. We’ve watched one season and both of us are hooked, we just need way more time to devote to this show than we actually have.
- Orange is the New Black. After being totally sucked in by the book, I can’t imagine not loving the show. The true-story element is just too fascinating.
- Smash. An entire show about musical theatre? Ummmmmm, yespleasekthanksbye.
- Arrested Development. I don’t know much about this show, other than that my friends with otherwise great taste have recommended it.
Who knows, maybe one of these will end up being a new favorite show!
What are your need-to-watch TV shows? Any recommendations for me for shows to add to this list?