It’s been a long time since I posted, partially because I’m so freaking busy, and partially because I feel like I don’t have anything interesting to say. So here are a few random facts about me and other thoughts.
1. One of the things I love most about being a singer is the work uniform… that is, I love wearing fancy dresses. I have a board on Pinterest called “Dress Envy” and it’s one of my most frequently used boards. I was at the mall today on my lunch break and I had to stop and look at the gowns and day dresses. I have a recital coming up, which is a great excuse to buy a new gown, right?
2. I’m a master at eating in my car. The other day I ate pasta with a fork while driving. It’s really just out of necessity, since I’m almost always either engaged in an activity that prevents me from eating (like singing), or driving to or from work or rehearsal or whatever. The bad news is, my car is full of empty food containers and silverware. And no, I have never once gotten pulled over or gotten in an accident because of eating.
3. Our city had a really bad sports week. Between the Sharks losing to the Kings and the Warriors losing to the Clippers, it’s pretty safe to say the Bay Area hates L.A. right now. Few people are more depressed about it than T, who promptly and grumpily shaved off his beard after the Sharks threw away Game 7.
4. T and I have an unhealthy relationship with our cats, Nora and Nigel. We spoil them and treat them like people. As a result, they can be quite the troublemakers:
5. We are going to be an aunt and uncle in October!!! T’s older brother and his wife are expecting their first baby. We don’t yet know the due date or the gender, but that info should be coming to us soon. We’re SO excited, and of course T’s parents are beside themselves. Can’t wait to welcome Baby W into the world!